juliewatt's Photo Stream

Monday, September 1, 2008

Evita - my review

Andy and I went along to the opening night of Evita at the Kings Theatre, Glasgow. My mother used to play the songs of musicals when i was young so i already knew most of the words to all the song, i had seen Madonna put in the performance of her life in the film and then not get an Oscar - which i thought she deserved for her portrayal of this tragic character, but nothing could have prepared me for the emotional stage show.

I am not afraid to share that i shed a tear near the end - so if you go along remember the kleenex. The understudy took the stage on opening night which seemed a bit risky to me but she really put in a passionate and emotional performance. I would be happy to recommend this show to anyone looking for a good night out.

No comments: